Spoiler Warning: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has been continuing on the story from its campaign through its multiplayer modes, and it’s gone in some surprising directions. The biggest reveal so far has been that the character Alex, the US operative we last saw in the campaign preparing to sacrifice himself to destroy a facility, is still alive.
But while this might make it seem like Infinity Ward is trying to wrap up all the game’s loose ends, a tweet from narrative director Taylor Kurosaki suggests that the series won’t be done with Alex by the time a sequel arrives. Responding to a user who said that he wished Alex would be brought back for the sequel, Kurosaki responded “who says we won’t?”
@taylorkurosaki It would’ve been better if you guys brought Alex Back for the sequel
— Peter Griffin (@TMevo22) April 18, 2020
Who says we won’t?
— Taylor Kurosaki (@taylorkurosaki) April 18, 2020
This isn’t the first time Kurosaki has suggested that there’s more to explore in a sequel, and it could still, ultimately, not mean anything–a Modern Warfare follow-up has not been announced yet. But it feels more likely than ever, particularly since Modern Warfare sold so well.
Aside from the Black Ops series, the Call of Duty series has not produced a sequel in some time, with Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare, and WW2 all being original stories (and Modern Warfare sitting somewhere between a reboot and a prequel). The Modern Warfare series is the most celebrated Call of Duty sub-brand, though, so it would make sense for Infinity Ward to stick with it.
Kompletter Artikel: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Sequel Teased With Tie-In To Season 3