In a blog post, Infinity Ward clarified that the update is about 15 GB in size, and it will be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The update delivers the Data Pack 1, and it must be downloaded to keep playing the game. This appears to be a console-only update.
In addition to the Data Pack, the April 28 update will include a series of bug fixes and changes (across console and PC). One of the big ones is that the speed and size of the Warzone gas circle has been “adjusted,” but Infinity Ward did not provide any further details.
In terms of bug fixes, the April 28 update takes care of an issue that could cause players to lose the ability to select a favorite faction from the Operator menu. It also fixes a bug that could cause watches to appear in the wrong direction when using a gesture. There are also a variety of fixes for problems related to challenges and weapon unlocks, among other things.
The full patch notes will be released later, but for now, you can check out a preview below.
April 28 Modern Warfare Patch Notes Preview:
- Fix for a bug where PC players using a Vega64 GPU could see corrupted outlines around their character models and weapons.
- Fix for a bug where selecting the USEF 1 skin for the Mil-Sim Operator appears as the default skin in Co-op
- Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle in Warzone
- Fix for a bug where completing the completionist challenges for the SKS are unlocking the associated camos for the Renetti
- Fix for a bug where unlocking camos for the SKS was inconsistent with other camo challenges for marksman rifles
- Fixed a bug where the “Hard Wired” skin for Alex would appear in thermals while Cold Blooded is equipped
- Fixed a bug where some watches were appearing the wrong direction when gesturing
- Fixed a bug where players could lose the option to pick their favorite Faction in the Operator menu
- Fixed a bug where white lighting could be seen while moving or firing a weapon near specific locations