A new update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and the battle royale game Warzone is coming very soon, and it sounds like it will make some welcome changes. [Update: the patch is now live, and you can see the patch notes below]
Starting off, the update shrinks the file size of Modern Warfare and Warzone by around 25GB on each platform, Infinity Ward’s Paul Haile said on Twitter. Players will be able to download high-resolution textures, but these will be optional. And on PC, a new option is being added that gives you the ability to stream high-resolution assets dynamically, Haile said.
In addition to these changes, the update for Modern Warfare and Warzone includes the first upgrades for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. Haile did not share any details on these improvements, however, but this should all become clear very soon.
The full patch notes are available now, and they also mention various bug fixes across modes. Additionally, a new Private Warzone mode is now available in beta. Players can invite friends for a private Warzone experience across battle royale, plunder, and mini royale. You can see the full patch notes down below, as shared by Infinity Ward on their website.
tonight’s update will shrink the size of MW/WZ considerably on all platforms (25+ GB). if you’re interested in high resolution textures, they’ve been moved to a new high res pack for consoles. on PC a new option has been added to stream high res assets dynamically, if desired.
— Paul Haile (@Tyrael) November 10, 2020
tonight’s update also includes changes for support on next gen consoles, for those lucky enough to have one. enjoy.
— Paul Haile (@Tyrael) November 10, 2020
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare/Warzone November 9 Patch Notes
- Ground War
- TDM Snipers Only
- Hardpoint Hills and Kills
- Shipment 24/7
- Shoot House 24/7
- BR Solos, Duos, Trios, Quads
- Plunder Trios
We’re excited to launch a beta version of Private Warzone matches! This requires various player counts to start the match and we have three modes available:
- BR – 50 players required to start (also has squad variations)
- Plunder – 30 players required to start (also has squad variations)
- Mini BR – 24 players required
Please share any bugs you encounter along with your feedback!
- Fix for a bug where, when reviving a fallen teammate as the round ends in Survival, users can become stuck in third person
- Fixed an issue where some players were seeing the error code: “HK:s=373408m=54293536:10635584”
- Fix for the Gaz Operator challenge where players are unable to complete the first objective in the Season 4 Gaz Operator Bundle Mission “win 3 Gulag fights as Gaz”
- Fix for an issue where officer challenges 90 – 100 have been resetting after completion, preventing players from getting the last Season 6 Emblem
- In the Safehouse Finale of SP, at the Killstreak Chopper checkpoint, when using the zoom button the camera will zoom in and out
- Players using the Juggernaut will not hear the drilling audio when hit by the Phlembotomizer throwing knife. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the player could have the Spotter Scope effect when not ADSing with it by picking up 2 weapons while looking with the scope
- Fixed a bug where helicopters could spin and float in the air after progressing in Survival
- Fixes to help prevent players from going AFK in Gunfight
- LMGs, Sniper Rifles, and Marksmen Rifles will now rotate as intended in Gunfight
- Fix for an issue where players that die right before an HQ is disabled and watch the full killcam do not spawn in as intended
- M4 Tombstone: Fix for a bug where adding the .458 SOCOM or the 9mm Para 32-Round Mags removes them from the weapon model
- Tracer Pack: Sakura Edition- Maruyama – The dynamic icon appears to have a minor gap between the barrel and body of the weapon when the Compensator is equipped on the FTAC 13.5″ Compact barrel. This has been fixed
- To help with patch sizes and disk space, high-resolution textures will now be downloaded while playing, using On-Demand Textures Streaming:
- On-Demand Textures Streaming is located in the Options, under the Graphics tab and in the Details & Textures section.
- It will only kick-in for users playing with Texture Resolution set to High.
- It streams textures for Operators and Weapons.
- You can control the daily texture streaming limit and the size of your cache
- You can learn more about Texture Streaming HERE
- Fix for a bug where a Premium user with only Warzone installed, can select a trial on a MP map, which can result in a crash
- Fix for a bug where PC players were able to select a custom loadout in Snipers Only
- Fixes for an issue where some Activision account names were being applied to different profiles in the friends list
- Survival mode now has its own DLC package. To access Survival, a player has to install both Special Ops and Survival
- Fixes to help fight against weapon corruption while in Spectator mode
- The gas from the Gas Grenade can sometimes obscure or completely hide players from thermal scopes
- Fixed an exploit near the Lozoff Pass Metro Station
- Armored Royale: Fixed a bug where dropping a truck redeployment flare into the service entrance of the subway can cause the truck to parachute underground
- While in Plunder, players parachutes will now auto deploy to help prevent against exploits
- Fix for an exploit with the Durable Gas Mask
- Fixed an audio bug where no overheat audio was playing when using the minigun on the helicopter
- When the player is using Bumper Ping as their button layout, the player will be unable to switch between the Gas Grenade and EMP Blast, resulting in them only able to use the gas grenade. This has been fixed
- When sitting in passenger seat of a helicopter and using the minigun, priming a lethal while simultaneously switching seats will break the players viewmodel. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players are unable to equip other War Tracks after selecting “Random”
- Removed Juggernauts from Bunker puzzles
Due to their popularity, Modern Warfare and Warzone will continue to receive new updates when Black Ops Cold War launches on November 13. In fact, the games will become more closely connected than ever before, as there will be “synchronized” XP and leveling across each game, so progress you make in one title applies to the others.
For more on that, you can check out GameSpot’s interview with Black Ops Cold War lead designer Tony Flame.
Kompletter Artikel: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare/Warzone Patch Notes Released (November 9)