It’s officially tax season, folks, and if you’re on top of your game and filed early, there’s a chance you’ve already received (or will soon receive) that sweet tax refund. Many retailers like to offer sales around this time of year as a way of helping you spend that new excess money, and GameStop is getting in on the action with a sale of its own. The Tax Sale is live now until March 7 and includes game deals for PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch as well as discounts on accessories, collectibles, apparel, and more.
Most of the notable game deals are for PS4 and Xbox One, including the GameStop-exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare C.O.D.E. Edition for $38. Control is also available for $30, a very nice price for one of the best games of last year. You’ll also find great discounts on The Division 2, which is just $5; Judgment, which is on sale for $30; and our 2019 game of the year, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, which is discounted to $40. Nintendo Switch deals, on the other hand, are lacking, but you can get Just Dance 2020 for $18 and Assassin’s Creed III Remastered for $20.
Xbox One X bundles are majorly discounted these days, and you’ll find those same deals at GameStop. Notably, the Xbox One X special-edition bundle with NBA 2K20, which comes with the GameStop-exclusive Hyperspace-edition console, is available for $300, along with the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order bundle. If you’re looking to play any of this year’s big Xbox One releases, these are excellent deals on what’s currently the most powerful console on the market.
As usual, plenty of collectibles and apparel are discounted during the Tax Sale as well, so be sure to check out everything on offer while the deals are available. You can see the full sale at GameStop and check out more of the best deals on games, accessories, and more below.
GameStop Tax Sale’s best deals
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered — $20 (
- Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection — $25 (
- Just Dance 2020 — $18 (
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood – Deluxe Edition — $20 (
PS4 / Xbox One
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare C.O.D.E. Edition — $38 (
- Control — $30 (
- Devil May Cry 5 — $20 (
- The Division 2 — $5 (
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 — $20 (
- Judgment — $30 (
- Kingdom Hearts 3 — $20 (
- Madden NFL 20 — $35 (
- NBA 2K20 — $30 (
- The Outer Worlds — $40 (
- Red Dead Redemption 2 — $40 (
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice — $40 (
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — $45 (
If you have a penchant for older-gen games, the Tax Sale includes a buy two, get two free promotion on Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS, DS, Wii, and Wii U games. To see the discount, add the items to your cart. Unfortunately, most of these games are not discounted separately.
- PS4 First-Party Classics bundle — $30 (
- God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Marvel’s Spider-Man
- See all pre-owned games
As part of the Tax Sale, Xbox One X bundles come with a free Xbox One red wired controller. You’ll also get $15 off three months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
- Xbox One X NBA 2K20 Special-Edition Bundle — $300 (
- Xbox One X Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Bundle — $300 (
- DualShock 4 — $40 (pre-owned)
- Nintendo Switch HyperX Cloud Earbuds — $30 (
- Xbox One Stealth 600 wireless headset — $85 (
- Xbox One wireless controller — $40 (pre-owned), from $50 (new)
- Funko Pop + T-shirt bundles — $20 (
- Get 20% off Pokemon plushies, Funko Pops, and other collectibles
- Buy three, get one free for Funko Pops ($12 or less)
- Buy one, get one free on T-shirts