A new update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is now available, as is a playlist update for the game’s multiplayer mode on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Any new Modern Warfare patch now potentially impacts Warzone, the new free-to-play battle royale game, and sure enough, it’s Warzone that sees the biggest change in this update. As referenced in the patch notes, Warzone now offers a Solo mode.
Prior to this update, the only playlist in Warzone allowed for teams of three to compete against each other (although you could, technically, join a match without any teammates). Now, you’ll be able to do battle without having to worry about enemy squads or anything of the sort–you’ll win or (more likely) lose based solely on your own actions. Whether that’s the ideal way to play remains to be seen, but it’s an option for those who are teammate-averse.
Elsewhere in the update, Modern Warfare’s multiplayer has added Cranked Kill Confirmed, Mercenary Moshpit, and 10v10 Atlas Superstory 24/7 playlists. Additionally, alongside the recently added DLC, Gunfight has gotten a St. Patrick’s Day theme.
In terms of fixes, Infinity Ward has made good on a recent promise, as kills in Warzone are now credited to the player who downed an enemy. Previously, the player who finished off the downed player was awarded the kill.
You can check out the full patch notes below.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone Patch Notes
- Cranked Kill Confirmed
- Mercenary Moshpit
- Atlas Superstore 24/7 (10v10) “Doorbuster 24/7”
- Gunfight is now St. Patrick’s Day themed!
- Solo Mode! That’s right. Just you.
- Fix for a rare bug where players could have increased movement speed after coming out of the Gulag and back into the game
- Fixed a bug where players may find their weapon in a stowed position and are unable to reload or use their weapon
- In some cases, players could become stuck under Buy Stations when prone. This has been fixed
- The Threat UI could disappear from the screen if players complete a contract while they are being hunted from a Bounty Contract. This has been fixed
- Updated text to “Redeploy Squadmate” to make it a little more obvious on screen when you can buy back a teammate
- Fix for the last objective in the “Boats and Trains” Mission not tracking as intended
- Kills are now credited to the player who downed the enemy player.
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to shoot while downed
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to deposit cash using balloons if their settings were set to “Contextual Tap”
- Fixed a bug where players were able to clip into the walls in the Hospital
Kompletter Artikel: CoD: Warzone & Modern Warfare Patch Notes (March 17 Update)